America’s Spending Problem
America has a spending problem.
Currently the US tax payers generate roughly $2,170,000,000,000. (That is Trillion)
Our Federal budget is approx $3,820,000,000,000.
Our New Debt is approx $1,650,000,000,000.
Our National Debt is $16,600,000,000,000.
Total Budget cuts from sequester is $44,000,000,000.
Now if you align this as a simple household budget:
Annual Family Income: $21,700
Money spent annually by the family: $38,200.
New Credit Card Debt: $16,500
Outstanding Debt on the Credit Card: $166,000.00
Total budget cuts by family sequester: $440.00
Our national debt is now $16.6 trillion according to www.usdebtclock.org. Even if congress cut spending to balance the budget and saved one million dollars per day to pay down the debt, it would take 2,740 years to pay off one trillion dollars and 45,484 years to pay off the entire national debt. This does not include the daily accrual of interest on the debt or the $122 trillion of unfunded liabilities due to Social Security or Medicare.
Each year, the Federal Government admits to wasting $125 billion through fraud or unaccountable money. How can our government waste $125 billion per year, while Obama states it will be a “catastrophe” if we cut $44 billion? He has threatened to shut down essential services and furlough workers. Beyond that, he has used the opportunity to scare the public by releasing 5,000 illegal aliens, threatened general safety, and inconvenienced travel through airport screenings in his attempt to trouble the American people and blame those that want responsible spending in his attempt to continue wasteful and unsustainable government spending.
There are billions of dollars of recent waste that should have been cut including:
– Billions lost through Solyndra and other Green Energy Companies (http://www.dividedstates.com/list-of-failed-obama-green-energy-solar-companies/)
– $3 billion resanding beaches – even as the new sand washed back into the ocean.
– $1.5 billion in aid to the Muslim Brotherhood (http://aclj.org/radical-islam/sequester-muslim-brotherhood)
– $770 million to refurbish and build foreign mosques
– $244 million paid annually through the UNFPA (United Nations Populations Fund) to pay for international abortions, not including $542 million provided to Planned Parenthood annually.
– $3.9 million to rearrange desks and offices at the Security and Exchange Commission.
– $2.6 million to train Chinese prostitutes to drink more responsibly on the job. (http://cnsnews.com/node/47976)
– $2 million spent on “robobees” (Minature flying robot bees)
– $1.8 million to repair a private golf course in Georgia
– $1 million to create a hypothetical menu if humans spent one day on Mars
– $.5 million to Alaskan Airlines to paint a Chinook Salmon on a Boeing 747
– $.5 million to study the global warming effect on wildflowers.
– Nearly $.5 million to study why men don’t like to wear condoms. (http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ReproductiveHealth/story?id=7889403&page=1) Maybe this study could have been combined with the $2.6 million to train Chinese prostitutes to drink more responsibly on the job.
This is just a small sample of the fraud and abuse of our tax dollars our government has been wasting. The GOA (Government Accountability Office) audited and classified nearly half of all purchases on government credit cards as improper, fraudulent, or embezzled. Examples included gambling, mortgage payments, liquor, lingerie, iPods, jewelry, and luxury vacations, including a $13,500 dinner bill.
Obama may be attempting to scare the America that the Republicans are going to cause people to suffer; but it is his lies and this fraudulent and deceptive government that is destroying America.
The framers of the U.S. Constitution feared an all powerful government. They wrote “limited government” and “Checks and Balances” to limit the power of the government over the people. Over the years, our government has become larger, gained more authority over the people, and has become most corrupt.
If the government were a business, it would be in bankruptcy and those running it would be in jail for fraud and deception.
Frank Aquila is a Manteca, CA resident and author of the book, Sarah Palin Out of Nowhere. ( www.sarahpalinoutofnowhere.com ). He is also the president of the South San Joaquin Republicans and can be emailed at firstname.lastname@example.org