Who is the Media?
“Americawill never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” ~ Abraham Lincoln
Journalism is Dead in America
Sean Hannity has often stated on his radio program, “2008 is the year journalism died inAmerica,” and he has been proven to be absolutely correct. Immediately upon Senator McCain’s selection of Governor Palin as his vice-presidential running mate, the media outlets collectively took upon themselves a frenzy of relentless investigations of her, reporting anything and everything they came upon, regardless of whether the information was factual or pure fiction, thereby performing a great disservice to not only Governor Palin, but the American people. More information was reported on Governor Palin, in less than one week, than was reported about Senator Obama in the year-and-a-half he had been campaigning for president. The media went “dumpster diving” in a blatant effort to find any trash they could about Governor Palin, struggling to find any “dirt.” Unfortunately for the media, no affairs, no shady business dealings, and no credible individuals to speak out negatively regarding her personal character or integrity came to light. Instead, what the media did find was that Governor Palin held the then-highest approval rating of any governor in theUnited States, one who had earned her approval ratings through solid accomplishments, fighting corruption, and making government work for the people ofAlaska. The media learned that Governor Palin had always been and continued to be an authentic, rare politician who has integrity, principles, and whose words and actions follow each other.
In spite of this, Governor Palin faced more outrageous, ridiculous questions and false accusations than any other presidential or vice-presidential candidate in American political history. As in previous presidential campaigns, in the 2008 campaign, the media respected the privacy of each of the families of Senators Obama, Biden, and McCain, instead focusing on their personal political histories. “Journalists” did not afford Governor Palin the same courtesy! Rather than professionally “reporting” on her achievements or accomplishments in the offices to which she had been elected and re-elected, the media made it perfectly clear its chosen focus would be on demeaning Governor Palin and her family.
The media’s investigative reporters immediately set up camp inAlaska to locate any possible critics or enemies of Governor Palin, especially in Wasilla, to provide them a microphone toAmerica. All opinions and accusations were reported as facts, with the media injecting their own opinions, also disguised as facts, in order to discredit Governor Palin. Obviously, the media despised her charisma and integrity, fully intent on making her appear as an incompetent female office-holder incapable of performing the duties of vice president. They entertained convoluted “birth conspiracy” stories regarding her pregnancy with Trig, including accusations that she hadn’t “looked pregnant” and must have “faked” her pregnancy to cover for her daughter, Bristol, who must have been “the real mother.” When those accusations were proven untrue, they opined that Governor Palin did, in fact, give birth to Trig but unfairly alleged she was not a responsible mother, as she had returned to work too soon after Trig’s birth and that, during her pregnancy, she had been “irresponsible by traveling in an airplane”! Next, attacks were made against Governor Palin’s 17-year-old daughter,Bristol, with no hesitation in reporting ofBristol’s then-pregnancy. It was also reported that Governor Palin’s husband, Todd, had one arrest for driving under the influence of alcohol in his early-20s, 22 years prior to the campaign. The media reported the same allegations made by the Obama campaign that Governor Palin was “too inexperienced as a former mayor of a small city.” Disgustingly, among others, there were even photo shots of her legs and, in a new all-time low for cable news, CNN posted a doctored photograph of Governor Palin, which had been altered to portray the Governor in a bikini holding an AK-47.
The television industry and its celebrities have also focused much of their attention on a negative or false portrayal of Governor Palin. Among others, Saturday Night Live has and continues to portray a negative public perception of Governor Palin. HBO plans a documentary, “Game Changers,” scheduled to air prior to the 2012 election, which portrays Sarah Palin as ignorant and unqualified for the presidency, again, intending to negatively influence public opinion of her.
So who exactly are the media, and are they, in fact, biased against conservative candidates? We must follow the money. General Electric owns NBC, while Disney owns ABC, and CBS owns Viacom. Lists of contributions to political candidates are provided on opensecrets.org. The vast majority of the entire music, movie, and television industry donated $8.6 million to Senator Obama. Members of the motion picture industry gave $12.7 million to Democrats, while donating only $1.3 million to Republicans. Commercial television donated $3.3 million to Democrats but only $2.2 million to Republicans. It is also interesting to note that Rupert Murdock and News Corporation, which is the parent company of FOX News, contributed $1.02 million to Democrats and less than $500,000 to Republicans in 2008. It is common for various companies or industries to make contributions to both political parties and individuals within those political parties in order to secure their positions no matter who prevails.
Jeffery Immelt, CEO of General Electric (GE), and his Political Action Committee (PAC) have contributed millions of dollars to the Democrat National Committee and to the Obama presidential campaign. GE’s sister company, GE Financials, also gave its full contribution limits to the Democrats. MSNBC, which is owned by GE and Microsoft, donated an additional $1.2 million to Senator Obama. In addition, other PACs and organizations with ties to GE and Microsoft contributed to Senator Obama. Immelt and NBC’s new chief, Jeff Zucker, have instructed CNBC to stop criticizing President Obama’s economic policies. MSNBC continually referred to the TEA Party movement as racist. (49) GE, NBC, and the Obama agenda are all tied together. GE, as a corporation owning a major media outlet, is using its power to influence politics in order to make money for itself from government contracts.
Now, GE appears to have received its payback from the Obama White House. According to the Washington Examiner, GE is the beneficiary of billions of dollars in government contracts through the cap and trade legislation. GE also received billions of tax-funded dollars in the financial bailouts. Further, ABC News reported GE paid “not a penny in taxes in 2010.” In fact, GE received a $3.2 billion tax benefit. This was while the top corporate tax bracket is at 35%, and President Obama has spoken for two years regarding the necessity to reform corporate taxes to “simplify, eliminate loopholes, treat everybody fairly”! GE earned $14.2 billion in profits in 2010, but $9 billion was from offshore profits. This was the second consecutive year GE recorded profits of billions of dollars without paying any taxes. During that same period, between 2007 and 2009, Immelt was a close adviser to President Obama, even serving as chairman of Obama’s Council on Jobs and Competitiveness. Ironically, under Immelt’s leadership, 21,000 American workers lost their jobs at GE, and 20 American factories were closed. Today, more than half of GE’s workforce is located outside ofAmerica.
No wonder many Democrats have stated over the years, “I didn’t leave the Democratic Party, it left me.”
The ultimate power player of media influence on the American people is George Soros, one of the wealthiest men in the world, with a personal fortune of approximately $13 billion. Soros is considered by many as “the most dangerous man inAmerica.” He is the high-powered fuel of the Democrat machine, whose tangled web finances all aspects of liberal causes through his Open Society Institute (OSI).
The following organizations are known to be directly funded by Soros and OSI: (See http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/viewSubCategory.asp?id=1237.)
1. Arab American Institute and Bill of Rights Defense Committee, which “accuseAmericaof violating the civil rights and liberties of many of its residents.”
2. Mexican American Legal Defense and Educational Fundcalls, Lawyers Committee for Civil Rights Under Law, NAACP, and National Council of La Raza, which “depict America as a nation whose enduring racism must be counterbalanced by racial and ethnic preferences in favor of non-whites.”
3. Sentencing Project, Critical Resistance, and Leadership Conference on Civil and Human Rights, which “portray the American criminal-justice system as racist and inequitable.”
4. Center for Community Change, Gamaliel Foundation, Ruckus Society, American Institute for Social Justice, Institute for America’s Future, People for the American Way, Democracy for America, and Midwest Academy, each of which calls for “massive social change and for the recruitment and training of activist leaders to foment that change.”
5. Center for Economic and Policy Research, Center on Budget and Policy Priorities,EllaBakerCenterfor Human Rights, and Ella Lazarus Fund, which “disparage capitalism while promoting a dramatic expansion of social-welfare programs funded by ever-escalating taxes.”
6. Health Care for America Now, “a vast network of organizations,” which support socialized medicine inAmerica.
7. Project Vote, Catalist,BrennanCenterfor Justice, Progressive States Network, and Progressive Change Campaign Committee, each of which strives “to move American politics to the left by promoting the election of progressive political candidates.”
8. The American Prospect, Inc. magazine, the “media reform” organization called Free Press, Independent Media Institute, The Nation Institute, Pacifica Foundation, Media Matters for America, and Sundance Institute, each of which promotes “leftist ideals and worldviews in the media and the arts.”
9. Alliancefor Justice and American Constitution Society for Law and Policy, which “seek to inject the American judicial system with leftist values.”
10. Center for Constitutional Rights, National Security Archive Fund, American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU), and Human Rights Watch, which “oppose virtually all post-9/11 national security measures enacted by theU.S.government.”
11. Constitutional Project and Lynne Stewart Defense Committee, which “defend suspected anti-American terrorists and their abettors.”
12. Amnesty International and Global Exchange, which “depict virtually all American military actions as unwarranted and immoral.”
13. American Friends Service Committee and Justice at Stake, which “advocateAmerica’s unilateral disarmament and/or a steep reduction in its military spending.”
14. Catholics in Alliance for the Common Good, Sojourners, People Improving Communities through Organizing, and Catholics for Choice, which “advance a leftist agenda by infiltrating churches and religious congregations.”
15. Institute for Policy Studies, New America Foundation, and Urban Institute, each of which are “think tanks that promote leftist policies.”
16. American Immigration Council, Casa de Maryland, Immigrant Legal Resource Center, Migration Policy Institute, LatinoJustice PRLDF, Immigration Policy Center, National Immigration Forum, and National Immigration Law Center, all of which promote “open borders, mass immigration, a watering down of current immigration laws, increased rights and benefits for illegal aliens and, ultimately, amnesty.”
17. Earthjustice, Green for All, Natural Resources Defense Council, Alliance for Climate Protection, Friends of the Earth, and Earth Island Institute, all of which “promote radical environmentalism.”
18. New Yorkers Against the Death Penalty, Witness to Innocence, Equal Justice USA, Death Penalty Information Center, People of Faith Against the Death Penalty, and Fair Trial Initiative, each of which opposes “the death penalty in all circumstances.”
19. Feminist Majority, Ms. Foundation for Women, and National Partnership for Women and Families, all of which “promote modern-day feminism’s core tenet – that America is fundamentally a sexist society where discrimination and violence against women have reached epidemic proportions.”
20. Center for Reproductive Rights, NARAL Pro-Choice America, National Abortion Federation, Planned Parenthood, and Choice USA, which all promote “not only women’s rights to taxpayer-funded abortion on demand, but also political candidates who take the same position.”
21. United Nations Foundation and Coalition for an International Criminal Court, both of which “favor global government which would bring American foreign policy under the control of the United Nations or other international bodies.”
22. Drug Policy Alliance, Andean Council of Coca Leaf Producers, and Banco de Columbia, each of which supports the legalization of drugs. Soros has also contributed millions of dollars to other groups for the legalization of drugs, as well as $1 million to theCaliforniaballot measure to legalize marijuana for personal use in that state.
23. Project of Death in America, Death with DignityNationalCenter, and Compassion in Dying Federation of America, each of which supports “euthanasia for the terminally ill.”
24. Greenlining Institute and Center for Responsible Lending, each of which “have pressured mortgage lenders to make loans to undercapitalized borrowers, a practice that helped spark the sub-prime mortgage crisis and housing-market collapse of 2008.”
25. In 2003, Soros founded and coordinated the “Shadow Democratic Party,” or “Shadow Party,” created to network unions, non-profit activist groups, and think tanks of organizations that identified themselves with the liberal agenda. Hillary Clinton and Harold McEwan Ickes were also principle organizers. Ickes coordinated the administrative core of the Shadow Party through America Coming Together, America Votes, Center for American Progress, Joint Victory Campaign 2004, Media Fund, MoveOn.org, and Thunder Road Group, which are all leftist organizations. These organizations set the agenda for Soros and assisted him in advancing his own personal political and social agendas. The Shadow organizations also raise enormous amounts of money, ultimately controlling which Democrat candidate they will support, forcing their agendas to move in the liberal directions they desire. As Eli Pariser, the director of the MoveOn.org PAC, stated, “Now it’s our party. We bought it, we own it …” (See, http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2427193/posts.)
26. Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics inWashington, almost all of whose targets are Republican.
27. Faithful America, which promotes the redistribution of wealth, an end to enhanced interrogation procedures vis-a-vis prisoners-of-war, the enactment of policies to combat global warming, and the creation of a government-run health care system.
28. Gisha: Center for the Legal Protection of Freedom of Movement, an anti-Israel organization seeking to help Palestinians “exercise their right to freedom of movement”; I’lam, an anti-Israel NGO seeking the development and empowerment of the Arab media giving voice to Palestinian issues; Institute for Public Accuracy, anti-American, anti-capitalist and anti-Israel organization; and World Organization Against Torture, which works closely with groups condemning Israeli Security Measures against Palestinian terrorism.
29. Grantmakers Without Borders, which is supportive of leftist environmental, anti-war and civil rights groups, in addition to being generally hostile to capitalism, deeming it one of the chief “political, economic, and social systems,” giving rise to a host of “social ills.”
30. Human Rights First, which supports open borders, the rights of illegal aliens, filed amicus curiae briefs on behalf of terror suspect Jose Padilla, and is opposed to the Guantanamo Bay detention facilities.
31. Suozzi, English and Klein, PC, an influential defender of Big Labor, headed by Harold Ickes.
32. Tides Foundation andTidesCenter, major radical left funders.
33. The following are the remaining Soros/OSI directly-funded organizations: Air America (now defunct), All of Us or None, American Bar Association Commission on Immigration Policy, American Family Voices, American Federation of Teachers, American Immigration Law Foundation, American Library Association, American Prospect, Inc., Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, Black Alliance for Just Immigration, Brookings Institution, Campaign for America’s Future, Campaign for Better Health Care, Campaign for Youth Justice, Campus Progress, Center on Wisconsin Strategy (COWS), Change America Now, Common Cause, Defenders of Wildlife, Democracy Alliance, Democracy 21, Democracy Now!, Democratic Justice Fund, Democratic Party, Economic Policy Institute, Electronic Privacy Information Center, EMILY’s List, Energy Action Coalition, Fair Immigration Reform Movement, Four Freedoms Fund, Free Exchange on Campus, Funding Exchange, Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect, Human Rights Campaign, Immigration Defense Project, Immigration Workers Citizenship Project, Independent Media Center, Institute for New Economic Thinking, Institute for Women’s Policy Research, International Crisis Group, J Street, Jewish Funds for Justice, League of United Latin American Citizens, League of Women Voters, MADRE, Malcolm X Grassroots Movement, Massachusetts Immigrant and Refugee Advocacy Coalition, Mercy Corps, Military Families Speak Out, National Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty, National Committee for Responsive Philanthropy, National Committee for Voting Integrity, National Council for Research on Women, National Council of Women’s Organizations, National Lawyers Guild, National Organization for Women (NOW), National Priorities Project, National Women’s Law Center, Peace and Security Funders Group, Peace Development Fund, Physicians for Human Rights, Physicians for Social Responsibility, Ploughshares Fund, Presidential Climate Action Project, Prison Moratorium Project, Proteus Fund, Public Citizen Foundation, Rebuild and Renew America Now, Res Publica, Social Justice Leadership, Southern Poverty Law Center, Think Progress, U.S. Public Interest Research Group, Universal Healthcare Action Network, US Action, Working Families Party, and YWCA World Office in Switzerland.
In addition to the above-named organizations, which are directly funded by George Soros and OSI, the following are secondary affiliate organizations known to be funded indirectly through them: Center for Progressive Leadership, John Adams Project, Moving Ideas Network (MIN), New Organizing Institute, Think Progress, and Vote for Change.
In actuality, Soros has influenced his liberal opinion into the American culture as well as contributed approximately $5 billion invested in over 100 liberal organizations and causes, but that is not the full extent. Amazingly, some of these organizations also receive federal funding, including the ACLU. National Public Radio (NPR), funded through the federal government with taxpayer money, has become a major media source for liberal politics. As NPR is considered a nonprofit organization, it is able to legally withhold the list of its donors. It is known that NPR has received millions in undisclosed donations. It was recently revealed that Soros made a single $1.8 million donation to NPR, the main purpose of which was to launch the “Impact the Government” project. This particular donation by Soros is specifically being used to hire 100 reporters in all 50 states to influence news and public opinion to become even more liberal than it already is. In short, ultimately the news will become campaign propaganda camouflaged as news.
However, as Soros is not satisfied only with elevating liberal news sources, he is also working to silence the opposition to the liberal philosophy. He is funding Media Matters, a leftist media watchdog information center, which monitors conservative news and opinions. This strategy is to abandon monitoring of most other media sources, by assembling a legal team to focus directly on FOX News to contain its reports and influence against the mainstream media’s liberal agenda. This legal team’s responsibility is to file lawsuits, including supposed defamation of character, invasion of privacy, or any other allegations it chooses, whether or not the allegation has any basis. (50)
Soros has also teamed up with billionaires Herb and Marion Sandler, who both profited from the savings and loan crisis, by founding an organization called Pro Publica, which is designed to provide investigative columns to news outlets, including newspapers and websites. (51)
Soros also has influence through his son, Alexander, who is noted to be the top donor to Democrats among college students.
Soros is also involved in influencing all election results and investigations through his “Secretary of State Project” (SOS Project). Through this project, Soros has been able to influence and continues to influence and assist Democrats running for the office of secretary of state across all 50 states. The primary duty of each secretary of state is to ensure the integrity of the voting process and certify elections. However, with Soros in control of the ultimate responsibility of the secretaries of state, he can be assured that suspected voter fraud will receive a minimal amount of investigation, if any at all.
George Soros has also been known to funnel money to ACORN, which has been responsible for immeasurable amounts of voter fraud across theUnited States. Early in his career, President Obama was an attorney for ACORN. Former NBC anchor, Tom Brokaw, sat on the board of the Robin Hood Foundation, a liberal foundation supported by Soros, which has also provided millions in funding to ACORN.
As if this were not enough, George Soros is also directly affecting campaigns with his billions of dollars circumventing campaign finance laws. Democrat Senator Al Franken, one of the currentU.S.Senators fromMinnesota, is a former talk-show host for AirAmerica, a far-left media outlet, which was burdened by a tremendous amount of debt. However, The Democracy Alliance, funded by Soros, Peter Lewis, the CEO of Progressive Insurance, andHollywoodproducer, Rob Reiner, together underwrote a debt payment up to $8 million to AirAmerica. This allowed Franken to receive a large amount of up-front money toward his costs in running for the U.S. Senate. In effect, George Soros and friends ran completely around the campaign finance laws. Therefore, through this underwriting, instead of Franken receiving the campaign finance limit of $2,100 per individual donor, he was able to receive almost $22,000 per day. At the same time, AirAmericaprovided free airtime for Franken and promoted websites encouraging donations to other liberal candidates.
The Soros deception and web of entanglement is also tied to religion through funding to Sojourners. Soros attempts to use redistribution of wealth as a religious requirement to transform the worldview of the Marxist philosophy into the church as a brand of social justice. Using the religious left, revenue has tripled in less than ten years, assisting in the election of Obama and other leftist Democrats.
George Soros is a profoundly dangerous man toAmerica, using billions of his personal dollars to promote his extreme left-wing philosophy and agenda. He is working tirelessly to infiltrate our entire political process, destroyAmericaas she was founded, and destroy our moral fabric. I believe that it is apparent that Soros has an ultimate goal which is to lead America toward a disguised plan of a one world economic order, through one global government, global currency, global taxes, global climate change regulations, and a global army, all controlled by the United Nations. He vehemently opposesIsrael, the war on terror, organized religion, and the U.S. Constitution, including the individual rights it grants Americans, especially the right to bear arms.
Unfortunately, the fact that George Soros controls such a vast amount of the major media outlets means that the media does not report on him whatsoever. Most Americans have absolutely no idea who George Soros is, the plan he has developed through his conferences, or the mandate he has placed on the media market to institute and perpetuate his deception. There is no doubt in my mind that liberals have fully infiltrated the entire media market and will work to keep silent anything over which they do not have control. Therefore, it is not surprising that federal records indicate journalist contributions favored Democrats by a 15:1 ratio over Republicans in 2008. The disparity was even greater among journalists, by a 20:1 ratio, who donated to the Obama campaign versus that of the McCain campaign. It has been evident for years that over 90% of journalists have supported and donated to Democrats, becoming an essential part of the American Democrat Party machine. No wonder Sean Hannity stated, “2008 is the year journalism died inAmerica.”